cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Retiring OLD Primary Storage - Dealing with System VMs and (assumed) Snapshot related artifacts
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 09:23:55 GMT
H David,

I am not licensed to give support on a vendors propriety product, so take all of this with
a gain of the appropriate crystal;

Ad 1: you are right but migrating to another host should work as well.
Ad 2: There is a table that tells you that a snapshot or image is on a certain primary storage
but you’ll need to track it there. Easiest is to see if the id of the primary storage still
occurs in snapshot_store_ref. This as example: ‘SELECT * FROM snapshot_store_ref WHERE store_id
= <your old store’s id>”. You might want to make sure all looks all right in storage_pool,
storage_pool_host_ref and storage_pool_work as well. And please keep in mind I am looking
at ACS 4.5 not CP even though the difference in this area should be at most trivial.