cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Levitskiy <Sergey.Levits...@autodesk.com>
Subject Re: Auto Generating MAC Addresses for VMs in a given pattern
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 17:16:22 GMT
Mac address is dynamically created based on the IP address sequence number being allocated
on your subnet with randomization algorithm.
It is done in NetUtils.java

    public static long createSequenceBasedMacAddress(final long macAddress) {
        return macAddress | 0x060000000000l | (long)s_rand.nextInt(32768) << 25 &
0x00fffe000000l;
    }

Starting sequence of your address is defined in data_center table and carried over to user_ip_address
tablewhere it gets properly incremented.

Routers use slightly different pattern for mac addresses.

I would advise to figure out another way of addressing your issue vs modifying ACS code that
deals with MACs.

Thanks,
Sergey