cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Boris Stoyanov <boris.stoya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack High Availability(HA) Testing
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 15:18:31 GMT
Hi Kurt,

Earlier this ear we’ve worked on KVM Host-HA feature which basically offers a proper fencing
for ipmi 2.0 compliant hosts and works with VM-ha as well, so if you have a failed host or
even shut down the Host-HA framework will try to recover it and if it fail will fencing (issue
IPMI off command ) and obviously VMs will be migrated to healthy host.
Have a look here: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1960
FS: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Host+HA

By the way it’s one of the talks at ApacheCon this week.
Boris Stoyanov

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue