cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From r fx <...@stackr.uk>
Subject Re: VSAN support today
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 08:15:16 GMT
Thanks for the reply, Sateesh, and thanks for your work!  I have some additional questions:

- Is your demo (the slides say there is a demo :) from ApacheCon available for replay anywhere
on the Internet?

- Will your work enable support for VSAN 5.5 as well as 6.x?

- If the merge takes longer than you think, are you able to offer your work directly to those
who want to do some advance testing of this?

- What are the longer terms plans on turning this into managed storage?  Is it possible and
"just" needs coding, or is there a technical showstopper here?

Thanks!

rfx.

---- On Fri, 26 May 2017 04:35:44 +0200 Sateesh Chodapuneedi &lt;sateesh.chodapuneedi@accelerite.com&gt;
wrote ----

Hi,

I’ve been working on adding VSAN support for CloudStack. It’s currently in final stages
of testing, after which I’ll be raising a PR for merge into master branch. Expecting it
by next week.

This support means, VSAN datastore would be supported as full fledged primary storage in CloudStack,
without requiring any traditional datastores at all. Yes, its possible to run a cluster with
only VSAN.

The “unmanaged storage”, indicates that CloudStack would *not* be managing storage backend
(to create/delete a LUN on VSAN) corresponding to each volume on VSAN storage system.

Hope that clarifies your question.

Regards,

Sateesh