cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Imran Ahmed" <im...@eaxiom.net>
Subject RE: Auto Generating MAC Addresses for VMs in a given pattern
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 06:28:19 GMT
Hi Sergey,

Bundle of thanks for your valuable input on this. I will do some research and see what can
be the best alternative for this.

Kind regards
Imran

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Levitskiy [mailto:Sergey.Levitskiy@autodesk.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:57 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Auto Generating MAC Addresses for VMs in a given pattern

Randomization is done for each VM. The only static part is prefix - 06. Unless you change
the ACS code it won’t support a predefined range for Mac addresses. If you sort you nics
table by IP address you will see that octet on the rigtht gets incremented due to respective
sequence increment. But at the same time second and third octet on the left change due to
randomization.