cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Simulator - Can we test Usage APIs
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:09:27 GMT
What docker image are you using?

--
Erik

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:55 PM, John McDonnell
<mcdonnell.john@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, so I need to install it into the docker container...
>
> If I look at this page[1] it links to the Configure Package Repository
> page[2], but its a private page, and so I am getting a permission
> denied page.
>
> Who needs to allow access to this page?
>

> [1]: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.8/optional_installation.html
> [2]:http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#configure-package-repository
>
> Regards
>
> John
>
> On 20 April 2017 at 04:34, Abhinandan Prateek
> <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>> With simulator and cloudstack working you will be getting usage events in cloud.usage_event.
>> To convert these events to billable data you need to install usage server. This is
a separately installed component.

>> Form the error it appears that this separate usage server is probably not available/installed.
>>

>> From: John McDonnell <mcdonnell.john@gmail.com<mailto:mcdonnell.john@gmail.com>>
>> Date: Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 3:19 PM
>> To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>" <users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>>
>> Subject: Re: CloudStack Simulator - Can we test Usage APIs
>>
>> Hi Koushik,
>>
>> Thanks you're quick response.
>>
>> Is there a way to check if is this working/restart it?
>>
>> I see this in the UI:
>>
>> [cid:ii_j1osp53s0_15b859cb2222128c]
>>

>> And when I log into the docker container I and attempt to restart the usage server
(based on these docs: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/usage.html)
. I get:

>> root@31b33a3c63dd:~# service cloudstack-usage restart
>> cloudstack-usage: unrecognized service
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

>> abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com
>> www.shapeblue.com
>> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
>> @shapeblue
>>

>> On 19 April 2017 at 09:51, Koushik Das <koushik.das@accelerite.com<mailto:koushik.das@accelerite.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi John,
>> Usage server should work in a simulator setup. The usage service reads data from
‘cloud’ DB and puts it into ‘cloud_usage’ DB. If the data in cloud DB is proper there
shouldn’t be any issues.

>> Thanks,
>> Koushik
>>
>> On 19/04/17, 1:03 PM, "John McDonnell" <mcdonnell.john@gmail.com<mailto:mcdonnell.john@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>     Hi,
>>
>>     I am working on an integration project with CloudStack and in terms of
>>     testing API calls against a an actual endpoint the cloudstack
>>     simulator is incredible useful.
>>
>>     But it doesn't appear to process usage. Is it possible to process
>>     usage with this simulator?
>>
>>     When I request usage I get an empty listusagerecordsresponse, I guess
>>     this is related to the general error in the UI:
>>
>>     Usage Server
>>
>>     No usage server process running
>>     12 Apr 2017 13:56:35
>>
>>     Is it possible to enable this usage server in the simulator?
>>
>>     Regards
>>
>>     John
>>

>> DISCLAIMER
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual