cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>
Subject Re: OS Type: Windows Server 2016 - CS 4.9.2
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 13:57:50 GMT
Hi David,

When using pre xenserver 7, CloudStack deploy Windows 2016 vm as "Other (64
bit)".
I've made some test with XenServer 7.1  and Windows 2016 are default HVM
when using the new xenserver template  for Windows 2016.
My understanding is that if you run a VM in XenServer as HVM and you have
xentools installed and up-to-date, your VM run in PVHVM mode which seems to
be the best of both world.

The coming release of ACS (4.10) should have updated ostype so windows 2016
wouid use Windows 2016 template in xenserver 7+ instead of "Other (64 bit)".