cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From John McDonnell <mcdonnell.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Simulator - Can we test Usage APIs
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:55:45 GMT
Okay, so I need to install it into the docker container...

If I look at this page[1] it links to the Configure Package Repository
page[2], but its a private page, and so I am getting a permission
denied page.

Who needs to allow access to this page?

[1]: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.8/optional_installation.html
[2]:http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#configure-package-repository

Regards

John

On 20 April 2017 at 04:34, Abhinandan Prateek
<abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> With simulator and cloudstack working you will be getting usage events in cloud.usage_event.
> To convert these events to billable data you need to install usage server. This is a
separately installed component.

> Form the error it appears that this separate usage server is probably not available/installed.
>

> From: John McDonnell <mcdonnell.john@gmail.com<mailto:mcdonnell.john@gmail.com>>
> Date: Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 3:19 PM
> To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>" <users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: CloudStack Simulator - Can we test Usage APIs
>
> Hi Koushik,
>
> Thanks you're quick response.
>
> Is there a way to check if is this working/restart it?
>
> I see this in the UI:
>
> [cid:ii_j1osp53s0_15b859cb2222128c]
>

> And when I log into the docker container I and attempt to restart the usage server (based
on these docs: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/usage.html)
. I get:

> root@31b33a3c63dd:~# service cloudstack-usage restart
> cloudstack-usage: unrecognized service
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Regards
>
> John
>

> abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> @shapeblue
>

> On 19 April 2017 at 09:51, Koushik Das <koushik.das@accelerite.com<mailto:koushik.das@accelerite.com>>
wrote:
> Hi John,
> Usage server should work in a simulator setup. The usage service reads data from ‘cloud’
DB and puts it into ‘cloud_usage’ DB. If the data in cloud DB is proper there shouldn’t
be any issues.

> Thanks,
> Koushik
>
> On 19/04/17, 1:03 PM, "John McDonnell" <mcdonnell.john@gmail.com<mailto:mcdonnell.john@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I am working on an integration project with CloudStack and in terms of
>     testing API calls against a an actual endpoint the cloudstack
>     simulator is incredible useful.
>
>     But it doesn't appear to process usage. Is it possible to process
>     usage with this simulator?
>
>     When I request usage I get an empty listusagerecordsresponse, I guess
>     this is related to the general error in the UI:
>
>     Usage Server
>
>     No usage server process running
>     12 Apr 2017 13:56:35
>
>     Is it possible to enable this usage server in the simulator?
>
>     Regards
>
>     John
>

> DISCLAIMER
of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual

--
John