cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From John McDonnell <mcdonnell.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Simulator - Can we test Usage APIs
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:26:29 GMT
Hi,

I built it the one on DockerHub: from
https://hub.docker.com/r/cloudstack/simulator/

Regards

John

On 20 April 2017 at 13:09, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:
> What docker image are you using?
>
> --
> Erik
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:55 PM, John McDonnell
> <mcdonnell.john@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Okay, so I need to install it into the docker container...
>>
>> If I look at this page[1] it links to the Configure Package Repository
>> page[2], but its a private page, and so I am getting a permission
>> denied page.
>>
>> Who needs to allow access to this page?
>>

>> [1]: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.8/optional_installation.html
>> [2]:http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#configure-package-repository
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>
>> On 20 April 2017 at 04:34, Abhinandan Prateek
>> <abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>>> With simulator and cloudstack working you will be getting usage events in cloud.usage_event.
>>> To convert these events to billable data you need to install usage server. This
is a separately installed component.

>>> Form the error it appears that this separate usage server is probably not available/installed.
>>>

>>> From: John McDonnell <mcdonnell.john@gmail.com<mailto:mcdonnell.john@gmail.com>>
>>> Date: Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 3:19 PM
>>> To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>" <users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>>
>>> Subject: Re: CloudStack Simulator - Can we test Usage APIs
>>>
>>> Hi Koushik,
>>>
>>> Thanks you're quick response.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to check if is this working/restart it?
>>>
>>> I see this in the UI:
>>>
>>> [cid:ii_j1osp53s0_15b859cb2222128c]
>>>

>>> And when I log into the docker container I and attempt to restart the usage server
(based on these docs: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/usage.html)
. I get:

>>> www.shapeblue.com
>>> 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HSUK
>>> @shapeblue
>>>

>>> On 19 April 2017 at 09:51, Koushik Das <koushik.das@accelerite.com<mailto:koushik.das@accelerite.com>>
wrote:
>>> Hi John,
>>> Usage server should work in a simulator setup. The usage service reads data from
‘cloud’ DB and puts it into ‘cloud_usage’ DB. If the data in cloud DB is proper there
shouldn’t be any issues.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Koushik
>>>
>>> On 19/04/17, 1:03 PM, "John McDonnell" <mcdonnell.john@gmail.com<mailto:mcdonnell.john@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>>     Hi,
>>>
>>>     I am working on an integration project with CloudStack and in terms of
>>>     testing API calls against a an actual endpoint the cloudstack
>>>     simulator is incredible useful.
>>>
>>>     But it doesn't appear to process usage. Is it possible to process
>>>     usage with this simulator?
>>>
>>>     When I request usage I get an empty listusagerecordsresponse, I guess
>>>     this is related to the general error in the UI:
>>>
>>>     Usage Server
>>>
>>>     No usage server process running
>>>     12 Apr 2017 13:56:35
>>>
>>>     Is it possible to enable this usage server in the simulator?
>>>
>>>     Regards
>>>
>>>     John
>>>

>>> DISCLAIMER
>>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies
of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for
virus infected mails.

--
John