cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: OVS Plugin
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 17:54:08 GMT
Just to be clear, your switches don't need to support VXLAN to utilize it. The VR will terminate
the VXLAN network and translate to a VLAN for your external traffic.

- Si

________________________________
From: Imran Ahmed <imran@eaxiom.net>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 12:49 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: OVS Plugin

Hi Dag,

Thank you for your response. I was consulting that documentation link as well. As the documentation
says, after selecting the GRE isolation type for guest network, we have to enable the OVS
plugin under the service providers list inside cloudstack UI.  I could not somehow find OVS
in that list.

But anyway we have switched to VLAN isolation mode and using default Linux bridging as they
underlying networking provider now. I personally liked to go for VXLAN but the physical switches
had a limitation so we had no option but go for VLAN.

Currently this solution will support not more than 100 vlans  so  that’s considerable for
now.

Regards,

Imran