cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Muhammad Adeel Zahid <16030...@lums.edu.pk>
Subject Re: Accessing Virtual Instances from other systems on the same subnet
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 19:16:22 GMT
Hi Rafael,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not sure about traffic labeling and rest of the stuff. I have
just setup the basic installation using this tutorial http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.9/qig.html
and haven't explicitly set anything that is not in the tutorial. About the IP addresses of
VM's. Yes, they seem to have a single IP (ifconfig). Please note that I am creating VM's from
cenots 6.8 minimal ISO image that I intend to use later as template. Does that create the
problem?

Adeel

________________________________
From: Rafael Weingärtner <rafaelweingartner@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 7, 2017 12:05:15 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accessing Virtual Instances from other systems on the same subnet

I asked a clarification because anything is a VM/instance (system and
users), I wanted to know if the VMs without access were either a system VM
(VR, SSVM, CVM or others) or a user VM.
Well, what is your setup? Are you using basic network where the public IP
is assigned directly to users VMs?

I asked you about the traffic label you are using for the public network.
System VMs get IPs on management and public networks. The SSVM has also an
IP on storage network. So, it seems that everything is fine with your
public networks, not so sure about the rest.VMs get an IP on Guest network.
The basic zone setup you will set the Guest IP as the public network (with
external access). Do these VMs have only a single IP?

--
Rafael Weingärtner