cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Muhammad Adeel Zahid <16030...@lums.edu.pk>
Subject Accessing Virtual Instances from other systems on the same subnet
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 10:44:56 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have setup cloudstack management and hpyervisor (KVM) on machine 1 and machine 2 respectively.
I am successfully able to ping the instances from hypervisor machine (machine 2) but I can't
ping it from any of the other  machines on the same subnet. Why is that?  How can I make it
work?

Another observation is that I can ping secondary storage and primary storage vm's from any
system on the same subnet without any extra configuration. Can I have similar configuration-free
setup from virtual instances? If not, what else I have to do to ping/access virtual instances
from other machines in the same subnet.

Regards

Adeel