cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Muhammad Adeel Zahid <16030...@lums.edu.pk>
Subject Re: Accessing Virtual Instances from other systems on the same subnet
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 18:57:36 GMT
Specifically, by instances I mean the following

[cid:e42b05b3-32a0-4bdd-aeb5-8400b2c3c8ea]

I think, you people call it instance VM's or just VM's.  You can see that my instance VM's
has addressed 10.0.0.124 & 10.0.0.141 respectively. I can access or ping them from the
host they are running on but I cannot access or ping them from any other machine on the same
network i.e 10.0.0.0/24.

On the other hand there are system VMs like Primary storage and secondary storage VM's as
shown in figure below.

[cid:112a895d-d500-4b43-8b0f-521b4e47bd9f]

I can access or ping these VM's using their public IP address from any of the systems on the
same subnet (be they part of cloudstack installation or not). Now my question is, how I can
access/ping my instance VM's from any system in the same subnet i.e 10.0.0.0/24?

Hope that clarifies the question