cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yura Poltoratskiy <yurapolt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KVM + CLVM and Snapshots
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 07:09:06 GMT
Hi,

As for me personally, I also want to use ScaleIO as a storage (with Ceph
I have bad performance) and have decided to switch to OpenStack just
because there is a native support ScaleIO there.

04.04.2017 18:28, Engelmann Florian пишет:
> Hi,
>
> thank you both for your feedback! So we will drop CLVM from our test matrix.
>
> A ScaleIO driver would be the perfect solution but I guess that won't happen... to time
consuming :(

> Ceph looks promising right now - less performance as ScaleIO but well supported and integrated
in ACS.

> All the best,
> Florian

build with CLVM and we're activity migrating away from it. The major problem is that it complicates
host configurations and you really need a quorum disk in order to fence correctly. It's very
sensitive to load on the hosts and that can cause unexpected fencing activity and hence an
unstable cluster.

> Are you able to export scalio storage via NFS? Your other option is to build a storage
driver in CloudStack that can control the storage access via APIs, rather than rely on an
CLVM overlay. If you are a paying customer of EMCs, you should reach out to them and see if
they would consider writing a storage plugin for you.

> Your other option is to work with one of the professional services organizations associated
with ACS to write the driver for you (Cloudops, Shapeblue et al).

> - Si
>
> ________________________________

enterprise-rated storage systems. CloudStack can also leverage the local disks ...

> We would like to change our hypervisor from Xenserver to KVM but we have no idea how
to use ScaleIO with KVM without using CLVM?

> The question is - why isn't CLVM supported? Is it because of snapshots are not allowed
on clustered VGs?

> Any idea how to use ScaleIO with KVM as shared storage?
>
> All the best,
> Florian
>
> EveryWare AG
> Florian Engelmann
> Systems Engineer
> Zurlindenstrasse 52a
> CH-8003 Zürich
>
> T  +41 44 466 60 00
> F  +41 44 466 60 10
>
> florian.engelmann@everyware.ch
> www.everyware.ch<http://www.everyware.ch>
> EveryWare: Cloud- & IT-Services | IT-Outsourcing<http://www.everyware.ch/>
> www.everyware.ch
> Ihr Schweizer IT-Service Provider - Cloud, Hosting, Datacenter, Internet, Netzwerk, Managed
IT-Services, IT-Outsourcing. Business IT-Lösungen von EveryWare.