cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: DNS is not working after adding a private gateway
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:06:49 GMT
Hi Vivek,

I’ve not spent a lot of time playing with private gateways – but have you configured your
routing table after adding this (Static Routes tab on the private gw)?

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

From: Vivek Kumar <vivek.kumar@indiqus.com>
Date: Monday, 17 April 2017 at 14:33
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: DNS is not working after adding a private gateway

Hello Team,

I have running ACS 4.7.1 with XenServer 6.5 SP1 and I have configured  a VPC and everything
seems fine and I am able to reach internet and all vm’s inside the tiers as well, but when
I create a private gateway and reboot the router, it stops working , neither I am able to
reach internet or  able to resolve DNS ( however I am able to reach IP of any public address
i.e 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 and I am also using same as a DNS ). Can anyone help me out? Even
I tried to remove the private gateway also but still no luck.

I tried to trace route from the VR and its saying:

root@r-960-VM:~# traceroute google.com<http://google.com>
google.com<http://google.com>: Name or service not known
Cannot handle "host" cmdline arg `google.com<http://google.com>' on position 1 (argc
1)

Before Private Gateway it was  running fine.

Vivek Kumar
Virtualization and Cloud Consultant

[cid:image001.jpg@01D2B7B6.25B07D60]
IndiQus Technologies Pvt Ltd
A-98, LGF, C.R.Park, New Delhi - 110019
24x7 +91 11 4055 1409 | M +91 7503460090
www.indiqus.com<http://www.indiqus.com>

Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue