cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Boris Stoyanov <boris.stoya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: vm disappear after migration
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 13:28:26 GMT
HI Ugo,

Have you noticed any failures in the UI and/or exceptions in the management logs?

Thanks,
Boris Stoyanov

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 4:22 PM, Ugo Vasi <ugo.vasi@procne.it> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> we have an installation of cloudstack 4.5 on Ubuntu 16.04 with KVM as hypervisor.
>
> We have one zone only and an advanced network configuration with some isolated networks.
>
> Since a few days we have a problem while migrating some VMs from any hypervisor to any
other one, but the problem does not affect all VMs.

> Some VMs migrate from an host to another but disappear from the network. I can enter
via proxy-console but it seems they are disconnected from the network, the router is not pingable
in both directions (router to vm and vice versa). Other VMs and routers of the isolated network
continue to work.
> In some cases the VMs return visible if I migrate them back to the original host, in
some other cases I have to stop and restart them.

> Note that this problem has only appeared recently, we did not make changes to network
topology, the same VMs that cause problems now didn't before.