cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Imran Ahmed" <im...@eaxiom.net>
Subject RE: OVS Plugin
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 17:49:37 GMT
Hi Dag,

Thank you for your response. I was consulting that documentation link as well. As the documentation
says, after selecting the GRE isolation type for guest network, we have to enable the OVS
plugin under the service providers list inside cloudstack UI.  I could not somehow find OVS
in that list.

But anyway we have switched to VLAN isolation mode and using default Linux bridging as they
underlying networking provider now. I personally liked to go for VXLAN but the physical switches
had a limitation so we had no option but go for VLAN.

Currently this solution will support not more than 100 vlans  so  that’s considerable for
now.

Regards,

Imran

-----Original Message-----
From: Dag Sonstebo [mailto:Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 8:58 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: OVS Plugin

Hi Imran,

OVS is the same as GRE tunnelling, which you will have as an isolation method for guest networking
– see http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/networking/ovs-plugin.html.

Please let us know how you get on – especially how your hypervisor nodes cope with CPU load
once the GRE tunnels start growing in numbers (historically this has not scaled well).

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue