cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tejas Sheth <tshet...@gmail.com>
Subject VM Data and root VHD missing after storage migration
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:51:21 GMT
Hi,

  We have xenserver 6.2 with cloudstack 4.3.1. We had initiated the data
disk migration from one primary storage to another. after the operation we
were not able to start the VM.

  when we checked the xenserver storage, we were not able to find the VHD
in any of the primary storage.

  Its a strange behavior i have seen first time, since the production data
is missing we need to identify the root cause of the same.

NOTE: Even Root disk is also not available in any of the storage hence we
are not able to power on the VM at all.

 we have checked database where metadata is available in database about the
root and data disk.

  following error captured when we start the vm with Data disk.
2017-03-09 11:49:26,964 WARN [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase]
(DirectAgent-203:ctx-ff911f73) Catch Exception: class
com.xensource.xenapi.Types$UuidInvalid due to The uuid you supplied was
invalid.

Thanks