cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: 1 Pod Host Offline, All VMs Shut Down
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 20:57:07 GMT
Yes, the VMs will be stopped if storage fails.

________________________________
From: Asai <asai@globalchangemusic.org>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 3:12 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: 1 Pod Host Offline, All VMs Shut Down

OK, thanks, Simon.  That makes sense, after brushing up on STP again, I
configured a root switch where it should be, and hopefully that would
have solved the problem.

So, in Cloudstack, VMs will just shut down if storage is cut off?

On 2017-03-18 4:00 PM, Simon Weller wrote:
> What I'm saying is that if your root bridge changed, it would cause all ports (potentially
on both switches) to go into blocking and then learning mode. If that happened, it would have
killed all of your storage.

to PS 1 would be affected by a disconnect of another host and storage that they're not dependent
on.  Will setting up the root switch for STP handle that issue?