cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Unable to remove host server
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 12:08:13 GMT
Hi Andrei,

This isn’t a bug – this is how CloudStack works. You can’t delete a host unless it’s
in maintenance mode (even though the delete button shows). The disable function is different
– this simply removes the host from possible hosts when starting a new VM etc., i.e. you
would use this function when you don’t want any more workload assigned to that host. As
a result putting the host into maintenance mode evacuates all VMs, putting into disabled state
leaves all VMs running.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect