cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingärtner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Advanced networking doubt
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:58:28 GMT
Ok, let’s see if I understood what we are doing.

Within a switch domain, we send packets using the mac address of network
interface cards. The switch has a table matching mac addresses to ports
they are being used in; therefore, it can efficiently execute the
forwarding. When you say that we expect broadcast domain across a zone, you
mean that switches of this zone are exchanging information regarding the
mac address of the network interfaces they "know". Is that it?

If there is a packet (Frame) that is addressed to a mac address to a
network interface that is not within a domain of a switch, this switch may
forward this packet to another switch that “knows” the interface that has
the destination mac address. is that what you guys mean by "expecting

--
Rafael Weingärtner