cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nando Beifiori <nandobeifi...@gmail.com>
Subject Intel v3 and v4 CPUs in the same cluster
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:28:02 GMT
Hi all,

quick but very important question: I have a cluster with Intel Xeon E5-2667
v3 CPUs and I need to add another host, but my provider has replaced the v3
with the v4 of the same CPU.

The differences are:

   - Lithography (22nm > 14nm)
   - Cache size (20MB > 25MB)
   - Max Memory Bandwidth (68 GB/s > 76.8 GB/s)
   - Intel TSX-NI feature which is present in v4 but not in the v3.

Frequency, turbo frequency and cores are exactly the same.
Would it be possible to add the new host to the same cluster or should I
create a new cluster or maybe look for a provider that still has the v3 CPU?

Cloudstack version is 4.9 and hosts use Centos 7.2.

Thanks in advance