cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Local LVM on KVM hosts
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 12:24:26 GMT
+1 for Nux’ comment. CLVM is a challenge, and stability is an issue IMO.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 24/02/2017, 12:05, "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:

    Hello,

    LVM is not a supported primary storage for Cloudstack. CLVM is, however that's not the
same thing - and it's not really "local".
    I'd advise against using it, CLVM is not really a first class citizen in Cloudstack.

    If you can use local storage with qcow2, that'd be ideal. Easy to deploy, template, snapshot
etc etc.

    HTH

    Nux!
    www.nux.ro