cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Melnik <v.mel...@uplink.ua>
Subject Using CentOS-6.x on KVM-hosts - what are the threats?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 18:53:14 GMT
Dear colleagues,

I've just realized that my KVM-hosts are running CentOS-6 whilst it's
recommended to use CentOS-7 with the new versions of ACS. Everything
seems to be fine (some of these hosts are working for a few years),
hosts are working and things are great, but I'd like to ask a couple of
questions. Here they are.

(1) How high is the chance of the next version of ACS (4.10 or 4.11)
will be incompatible with CentOS-6? Should I worry about that and
consider upgrading to CentOS-7 immediately?

(2) What ACS features I'm missing because of that? I suppose that I'll
be disappointed if I try to limit a VM's IO-consumption, just because
old good QEMU-0.9 won't support it. Am I right? Are there other things
that are worth of upgraging to CentOS-7?

Thank you very much in advance for your replies!

--
V.Melnik