cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject AW: Unplanned downtime
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 11:00:16 GMT
Hi Vibol,

I do not get you question 100%. What do you mean by unplanned hypervisor downtime? Do you
mean that a hypervisor is crashing and goes down?
CS has tools to restart VMs that should not be down. But you will have a downtime for VMs
between crash of hypervisor and restarting the VM on another host. So we are talking about
disaster recovery here. If you need real high availability you need to do this on application
level for example 2 webserver behind a load balancer.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vibol Vireak [mailto:vibolvireak@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2017 11:24
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Unplanned downtime

Dear all,

Well migrating instants is a very good function that available in Cloudstack presented on
Apache Cloudstack Documentation. But after spending a week read and searching for more information.
I found out that unplanned downtime for a hypervisor can cause a vm inside to go offline.

In general, Is there a way to prevent and instants offline cause by the unplanned hypervisor
downtime ? or is there any auto migration available for Apache Cloustack?

Thank and Best Regards,

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify

the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.