cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Outback Dingo <outbackdi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Firewall and Deep Packet Inspection for Cloudstack
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:53:29 GMT
We rolled our own firewall and DPI environment on a decent sized
hardware platform w 48/ Gb Ports
also have options for 10/40Gb, After seeing this Im inclined to start
selling it commercially, it does the
same thing everyone elses does for 30% the price.

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 6:49 AM, Vogel, Sven
<Sven.Vogel@kupper-computer.com> wrote:
> Hi Dag,
>
> thanks for your answer. :) Do you know any systems that work good with cloudstack like
palo alto (integrated) or dedicated?

> Thanks and greetings
>
> Sven

of infrastructure you run, what workloads your users run, what your end users’ security
requirements are, what budget you have available, what you have provisioned in your datacenter
etc. In other words – if you run important public facing workloads from security conscious
customers, and have the budget you would probably look at dedicated IDS / IPS infrastructure.

> Personally I’ve seen both ends of the spectrum – customers who run very little in
this space as well as infrastructure with fairly heavy duty internet scrubbers.