cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Vogel, Sven" <Sven.Vo...@kupper-computer.com>
Subject AW: Firewall and Deep Packet Inspection for Cloudstack
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:49:56 GMT
Hi Dag,

thanks for your answer. :) Do you know any systems that work good with cloudstack like palo
alto (integrated) or dedicated?

Thanks and greetings

Sven

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dag Sonstebo [mailto:Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2017 12:19
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Firewall and Deep Packet Inspection for Cloudstack

Hi Sven,

The answer to this one is “it depends”….. In short this is all down to what kind of
infrastructure you run, what workloads your users run, what your end users’ security requirements
are, what budget you have available, what you have provisioned in your datacenter etc. In
other words – if you run important public facing workloads from security conscious customers,
and have the budget you would probably look at dedicated IDS / IPS infrastructure.

Personally I’ve seen both ends of the spectrum – customers who run very little in this
space as well as infrastructure with fairly heavy duty internet scrubbers.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue