cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vijay Venkatachalam <Vijay.Venkatacha...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Integrate netscaler virtual appliance with cloudstack
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 12:56:18 GMT
My replies inline

On 5 Jan 2017 5:30 p.m., Vivek Kumar <vivek.kumar@indiqus.com> wrote:
Hello Vijay,

I want a little suggestion from you. when we add netscaler in cloudstack it asked for Netscaler
IP and Public Interface and Private Interface so what does that mean because i have explored
little bit in netscaler and couldn't find how to add those Interfaces . So can you please
suggest how to do that ?

It depends on how you have connected your netscaler interfaces. Which netscaler does netscaler
use to access the guest VMS of cloudstack user?

Same way which interface is connected to public side vlan or network in your setup?

If it is one arm mode u can mention the same interface for both sides.

Because what i have tried , i have configured a subnet IP that will communicate with internal
server ( i guess this is a private interface )

The subnet IP will automatically be configured by cloudstack. You don't need to configure.
Cloudstack will configure snip when a network is created with an offering which has  netscaler
as lb provider

and also configured a VIP ( i though it will be  public interface  )

For the  public side configure route or/and vlan and snip. Cloud stack will configure VIP
during loadbalancer creation.
so when i added netscaler in cloudstack with this settings it gives me below error.

Failed to verify public interface and private intefaces are valid due to Invalid value [interface,
192.168.X.X]

Vivek Kumar
Virtualization and Cloud Consultant

[http://www.indiqus.com/images/logo.jpg] <http://www.indiqus.com/>