cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Now that Oracle is collecting for the use of Java, should we worry?
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2016 01:29:57 GMT
On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Rafael Weingärtner <
rafaelweingartner@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the point here is that we do not redistribute Oracle Java JDK. We
> use the Java programming language to write a program (the Apache
> CloudStack). When we distribute the ACS' binaries, e.g. a closed version,
> we are also not redistributing the Java, what we do is distributing a
> binary that is compiled with a Java JDK.

For the management server, I believe that to be correct. The system VMs may
not be so clean, and that's more my concern here. I'm happy to have that
concern unfounded. This is a topic we're working through at $dayjob, so
front of mind for me right now.