cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Weingärtner <rafaelweingart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Now that Oracle is collecting for the use of Java, should we worry?
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2016 01:23:04 GMT
I think the point here is that we do not redistribute Oracle Java JDK. We
use the Java programming language to write a program (the Apache
CloudStack). When we distribute the ACS' binaries, e.g. a closed version,
we are also not redistributing the Java, what we do is distributing a
binary that is compiled with a Java JDK.

Of course, we cannot forget the licenses for library binaries that we are
redistributing with ACS' versions; but, this is not the same as
redistributing Oracle Java JRE/JDK. And as far as I know we manage this
properly.

--
Rafael Weingärtner