cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: vm use more cpu than restricted [kvm]
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 01:14:24 GMT
Hi Stefan,

This sounds very odd.

Can you do a virsh dumpxml <vdomainid from virsh list> on the host so we can see what
configuration has been written to the xml configuration?

Thanks,

Simon

________________________________
From: Stefan Beigel <beigel.stefan@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:29 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: vm use more cpu than restricted [kvm]

Hi,

I'am using cloudstack with a small scale deployment and the following
configuration:

cloudstack version: 4.8

hosts:
 - cpu: 2x 2400 mhz
 - memory: 4GB
 - os: ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

vm:
 - cpu: 1x 500 mhz
 - memory: 500 mb
 - os: ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

I tried some tests and when I utilize the vm to 100% the host gets utilize
to 50%.
So one vm with 500 mhz gets 2400 mhz from the hosts.
Is this normal or a bug?
I enabled the "cpu cap" option for the used service offering.

Hope someone can Help.
Greets Stefan