cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Melnik <v.mel...@uplink.ua>
Subject Adding a secondary management server
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 20:32:45 GMT
Dear colleagues,

Would you be so kind as to share your experience of running multiple servers?

I have 2 management servers, they have different IP-addresses (x.x.x.1, x.x.x.2) and there
are also a common IP-address (x.x.x.3) that is being provided by a load-balancer (haproxy).
Also I have some hosts and some system VMs, they all connect to x.x.x.1, because x.x.x.1 was
the management-server who was used to set-up the zone.

It's easy to let the hosts know that they need to connect to x.x.x.3, as this parameter is
being set in agent.properties, but where to change it in the system VMs? Grep haven't found
x.x.x.1 anywhere but the log-files. Moreover, if I destroy and create the system VMs, they'll
keep establishing connections to x.x.x.1. How to change their behaviour?

Had I add "-m x.x.x.3" when I was running cloudstack-setup-database to prevent that? It's
a new setup, so it's still okay to reset it. :)

Thanks to all for sharing clues and hints!

--
V.Melnik