cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asai <a...@globalchangemusic.org>
Subject KVM Live VM Snapshots
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 03:34:38 GMT
Greetings,

Is it correct that currently there is no support in Cloudstack for KVM
live VM snapshots? I see that Volume snapshots are available for running
VMs, but that makes me wonder what everyone is doing to get a disaster
recovery backup of a KVM based VM?  I did ask this question a few weeks
back, but only one person responded with one solution, and I am really
trying to figure out what the best solutions are here.

Has anybody seen this script?
https://gist.github.com/ringe/334ee88ba5451c8f5732

What is the community's opinion of scripts like this?  And also, big
question, if this script is good, why isn't it integrated into Cloudstack?

Thanks,
Asai