cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marc-Aurèle Brothier <ma...@exoscale.ch>
Subject Re: API migrateVirtualMachine does not respect affinity group assignment
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 07:41:00 GMT
IMHO it's something desirable, because in case of emergency, it's better to
migrate a VM to a host that does not follow the anti affinity group, rather
than leaving the VM on a host that must be shutdown for example and loosing
the VM. It's up to the admin to make this transgression during the shortest
amount of time.
Those migration API calls are always done by an admin, and therefore should
take care of such case, which is not very complicated. I have a python
script that does the job (
https://gist.github.com/marcaurele/dc1774b1ea13d81be702faf235bf2afe) for
live migration for example.