cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Firewall on xenserver
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 09:53:12 GMT
Hi Ghait,

This doesn’t sound like normal behavior for XenServer 6.5 under CloudStack – I’m not
aware of any issues requiring the XS firewall to be modified.

I would suggest rebuilding your hosts and re-add to CloudStack. With regards to OpenManage
– I can see this does require some tweaking of firewalls (http://blog.hostduplex.com/2015/01/31/install-dell-openmanage-xenserver-6-5/
) – but even this doesn’t require you to disable the firewall (this blog post suggests
just adding a rule and restarting iptables).

All in all my advice would be to troubleshoot and fix the underlying issue rather than disabling
iptables – which could be a potential security issue.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue