cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: SSVM Creation Failure with Advanced Zone
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 09:38:22 GMT
Hi Asai,

You will have to go back to the drawing board with this one. In a basic zone your guest isolation
is Layer 3 – in other words all down to network ACLs. In that scenario your network configuration
may make sense – since you are restricting your L3 traffic to single subnets on a single
VLAN.

Not so in an advanced zone – my guess is you are aiming for L2 VLAN guest isolation? If
so you can’t restrict VLANs at the bridge level – since you are then asking CloudStack
to assign VLANs to a bridge which is already using VLAN220. In addition to this your bridge
configuration seems a bit over the top.

I would propose you do the following:
- NIC1/eth0 = cloudbr0 (192.168.100.202)
- NIC2/eth1 = cloudbr1 – with *no VLAN assignment*
- Configure you're the top of rack for eth1 to trunk all the VLANs you want to utilize –
but set the default VLAN to your public VLAN 210.

When you set up your advanced zone you can now tag your management network as “cloudbr0”
and your guest / public as “cloudbr1” – then specify your private VLAN range / public
range etc.

Once you’re at this stage you can then start troubleshooting your SSVM – suggest you review
our previous discussions.

If you want some pointers on the KVM networking have a look at my blog on http://www.shapeblue.com/networking-kvm-for-cloudstack/

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo