cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>
Subject RE: Distinguish VMs not belong to VPC
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:09:28 GMT
So your wanting a machine that is not behind a VPC router at all? Are you wanting to use an
external router?

Regards,
Marty Godsey

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Moser [mailto:mail@renemoser.net]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2016 2:26 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Distinguish VMs not belong to VPC

Hi

I need a way to only get the VMs not belong to a VPC.

While the listVirtualMachines takes the argument vpcid to filter VMs per VPC to only get VMs
of an particular VPC, there seems no easy way to find out if a VM belongs to a VPC as listVirtualMachines
does return VMs from vpc and as well.

The only way I currently see to find out is to query the network of the VM if it belongs to
a vpc.

Did I miss anything?

René

P.S. I already made an improvement request (jira) for the API of listVirtualMachines to return
the vpcid if a VM belongs to a VPC.