cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Bouige <n.bou...@dimsi.fr>
Subject Migrate VM system
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2016 09:18:03 GMT
Dear All,

I have a CS 4.7 advanced zone working fine with two primary storage.

we are planning to change one of our primary storage but first we need to delete the second
one.

We have migrated almost all the vm from the second primary storage to the first primary storage.

To migrate storage VM on Xenserver we need to install Xentool on each VMs.

Now, it remains to migrate only system VM from the second primary storage to finalize our
operation.

Unfortunately, as the Systems VM have not Xentool installed we cannot perform a storage migration.

Do you know if its possible to install xentool on a system VM in use ? (Virtual router and
Secondary storage VM)

Or if there is a another way to migrate/change primary storage's system VM ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nicolas Bouige