cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ezequiel Mc Govern <ezequiel.mcgov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change Network Offering from HA to another without HA
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:32:20 GMT
The field “redundant” in table cloud.networks is not modified after the change of the network
offering, i modified manualy  the value of "redundant" to false and the problem was resolved
:)

Thanks!

> On Nov 29, 2016, at 2:37 PM, Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ezequiel,
>
> This sounds like a bug, but I have managed to recreate something similar in the lab.
Can you check the following:

> First of all find your network in the network table:
>
> SELECT id,name,network_offering_id,state,guest_type,redundant FROM cloud.networks;
>
> The check two things:
> 1) Check that the network_offering_id is pointed to the correct ID – i.e. the one without
HA / redundant VR ( you can check this with SELECT * FROM cloud.network_offerings;).
> 2) Check that the “redundant” field comes back as zero – “0”
>
> My suspicion is you have the correct network offering in step 1, but you may find the
redundant field is set to one  “1” – which would potentially cause the problem you are
describing.

> I managed to recreate the problem by changing the “redundant” field for an isolated
network from 0 to 1 – at which point another VR was created next time I created a VM. I
then managed to fix this again by changing the network back to a redundant=0 before restarting
the network with cleanup. This deleted both the running VRs and created a single healthy one.

> Regards,
> Dag Sonstebo
> Cloud Architect
> ShapeBlue
>
> On 29/11/2016, 13:40, "Ezequiel Mc Govern" <ezequiel.mcgovern@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>    In CS 4.8 and in CS 4.9.0.1, changing the NetworkOffering from one with HA to one
without HA, the process is performed normally, the redundant VRs are eliminated and a new
one is created. Connectivity is maintained and everything works in a normal way. But creating
a new VM in the Domain creates a redundant VR, causing connectivity cuts.
>    Currently we are solving it by performing a manual migration to another Network already
configured without HA. Is this by design or can it be considered as a Bug?

>    Thanks !
>
>    In Spanish:
>
>    En CS 4.8 y en CS 4.9.0.1 ,al cambiar el NetworkOffering desde uno con HA a uno sin
HA, el proceso se efectua normalmente, se eliminan los VR redundantes y se crea uno nuevo.
La conectividad se mantiene y funciona todo de forma normal. Pero al crear una nueva VM en
el Domain se vuelve a crear un VR redundante provocando cortes en la conectividad.
>    Actualmente lo estamos solucionando realizando una migración manual a otra Network
ya configurado sin HA. ¿ Esto es por diseño o se puede considerar como un Bug ?