cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Zone edit - Physical network update
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 15:58:49 GMT
Hi Gregoire,

First of all – I think you’re probably on very thin ice with this one – you may be able
to do this in the lab but it would be very risky to carry out in a production environment.

Saying that – if you want to persevere and are happy this may break your lab - a starting
point would possibly be:

- Add the new cards to your XenServers.
- Create new networks in XenCentre – with new network labels.
- Not sure if this is required – but you would probably add the new physical network using
CloudMonkey. Keep in mind the physical network is mainly cosmetic – your network configuration
uses labelling only hence you may just use the existing physical network.
- Stop CloudStack management.
- Hack the network labels in the cloud.host_details and cloud.physical_network_traffic_types
to reflect the new networks.
- On your XenServers / Xencentre move all existing networks (VLANs) to the new networks (unsure
of the steps or if this is possible).
- <insert other magic here>
- Restart management.

One other point – you mention this is for a *primary storage* migration – keep in mind
the storage network in the CS configuration is for *secondary storage*. If all you want to
do is to migrate to a new storage network and a new storage backend your best bet is to:

- Add the new cards + configure the new storage network on the XenServers – no need to label
this.
- Present new primary storage pools from your NAS on the respective networks – making sure
the new NFS shares are only available over your 10Gbe network.
- Add the new NFS shares as new primary storage pools in the ACS gui.
- Storage migrate from old NFS shares to new.

This is a much simpler way and would be a supported configuration change.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect