cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@secretresearchfacility.com>
Subject advanced zone, shared network, VR sometimes looses default gateway definition
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 14:51:51 GMT
Hi,

I wonder if someone else faced this issue. We're running acs 4.9.0 w/
advanced zone.
Sometimes, the VR (dnsmasq) looses it's gateway (dhcp option 3) and
subsequently offers itself as the default gateway.

VR's /etc/dnsmasq.conf shows
dhcp-option=option:router,REDACTED_AND_CORRECT_GATEWAY

this setting doesn't seem to have any effect.

VR's /etc/dnsmasq.d/cloud.conf shows
dhcp-option=tag:interface-eth0-0,3,0.0.0.0

After changing 0.0.0.0 to the configured gateway and restarting dnsmasq
inside the VR everythings "fixed".

I'm quite unsure why and when this setting is getting lost. I also find
it really hard to debug the dnsmasq due to different inkonsistent
configurations.

its running via

/usr/sbin/dnsmasq -x /var/run/dnsmasq/dnsmasq.pid -u dnsmasq -7
/etc/dnsmasq.d,.dpkg-dist,.dpkg-old,.dpkg-new

which is (for my opinion) a pretty nasty parameter.

Could someone please shed some light?

Thanks!

- Stephan