cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asai <a...@globalchangemusic.org>
Subject Re: SSVM NFS Access Denied Problems
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:28:53 GMT
Hi Dag,

Yes, what I found was that I had not properly set up the System VMs on the NFS server.  Before
I had created a basic zone and it seemed to have done this automatically, but when I went
to do an advanced zone there apparently was more work to do.  So lesson learned!
Asai
Network and Systems Administrator
GLOBAL CHANGE MEDIA
office: 520.398.2542
http://globalchange.media
Tucson, AZ

> On Nov 15, 2016, at 2:06 AM, Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Asai,
>
> Can you give some more feedback on what your previous testing outcome was? You say you
can mount from the mgmt. server – can you read and write? How about from the hypervisors?

> Regards,
> Dag Sonstebo
>
> On 15/11/2016, 04:53, "Asai" <asai@globalchangemusic.org> wrote:
>
>    Thanks again.  So, I've made a little more progress on this, what does
>    it mean if I can mount the NFS share from the Management Server CLI, but
>    still get access denied after adding an advanced zone in the Management GUI?
>

>    On 2016-11-13 4:13 PM, Dag Sonstebo wrote:
>> Hi Asai,
>>
>> I don’t have much experience with Nas4Free – so I can’t comment – however
I do know the CloudStack / hypervisor / SSVM requirements are fairly straight forward, so
it sounds like your NAS appliance is possibly to blame.

>> A few things to try:
>>
>> - Try to manually mount a NFS share from your management server (as already mentioned
by Sergey). If you can mount the share make sure you can read/write.
>> - Try to manually mount the same NFS share from your hypervisors. Again try to read/wite.
>> - Log in to your SSVM and run /usr/local/cloud/systemvm-ssvm-check.sh.
>>
>> Between these three it will tell you if you have any NFS access at all. If you don’t
then sounds like you need to spend some more time on your NAS4Free box – and in this case
I would just concentrate on a single client – e.g. the management server – until you have
worked out what the issue is. Once resolved you can move back to testing with your hypervisors
and CloudStack. So – in other words – don’t waste your time trying to troubleshoot this
through CloudStack until you have the underlying connectivity and access sorted.

>> The other thing is obviously to configure your NAS4Free box with as verbose logging
as possible and check why it denies access.

>> Regards,
>> Dag Sonstebo
>>
>> On 13/11/2016, 22:48, "Asai" <asai@globalchangemusic.org> wrote:
>>
>>     Thanks Dag,
>>
>>     The thing that's really got me right now is even if I set the allowed network
subnet to /16 which contains all necessary subnets I get access denied.  Even when I mount
from the CLI as root I get access denied...  Maybe it's a NAS4Free bug? NAS4Free runs on FreeBSD...
Maybe there's some subtle incompatibility?

>>> www.shapeblue.com