cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Disable open inactive plugins: Contrail plugin
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:14:44 GMT

________________________________
From: Wido den Hollander <wido@widodh.nl>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:12 AM
To: Rohit Yadav; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Disable open inactive plugins: Contrail plugin

> Op 27 oktober 2016 om 13:00 schreef Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>:
>

> All,
>

> The Juniper contrail plugin is failing for last few hours, this plugin has not been maintained
in last few years, except for codebase/architectural changes no changes were made to the plugin
itself in last 2 years.

> The Jenkins failure is due to the dependency not available, further the maven dependency
that we are using is the snapshot one and not the release one, both of which is not actively
maintained and has not seen any update/changes in past 2+ years.

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.3:process
(default) on project cloudstack: Failed to resolve dependencies for one or more projects in
the reactor. Reason: Unable to get dependency information for org.powermock:powermock-module-junit4:jar:1.6.4:
Failed to process POM for org.powermock:powermock-module-junit4:jar:1.6.4: Non-resolvable
parent POM for org.powermock:powermock-module-junit4:[unknown-version]: Could not transfer
artifact org.powermock:powermock-modules:pom:1.6.4 from/to juniper-contrail (http://juniper.github.io/contrail-maven/snapshots):
Connect to juniper.github.io:80 [juniper.github.io/151.101.16.133] failed: Connection timed
out
> [ERROR] org.powermock:powermock-module-junit4:jar:1.6.4
>

> I propose commenting the plugin out for all recent/active branches from the default build
profile. Please shout out now if you're using this plugin?

> Let's also discuss deprecating following network plugins with (a) commenting them out
from default build profiles, (b) removing them from the codebase:

> plugins/network/juniper-contrail/
>
> plugins/network/midonet/
>

> Please also advise any such inactive plugins that you may have identified and should
be deprecated.

> Comments, questions?
>

>I would be in favor. I think that nobody uses them since all recent builds are failing,
right?

>Your proposal seems good to me.
>
>Wido

AFAIK, the contrail plugin only every supported Xenserver anyway. The midonet plugin hasn't
been usable for a very long time. We actually reached out to them earlier this year and they
had no interest in taking our money with ACS.

- Si

> Regards.
>
> rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
ShapeBlue - The CloudStack Company<http://www.shapeblue.com/>
www.shapeblue.com
Last year we had a project which required us to build out a KVM environment which used shared
storage. Most often