cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dustin Wright <dwri...@untangledtechnology.com>
Subject Slow Networking
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 02:44:05 GMT
Users,

I am facing a problem with one client running a VPC on my HVM-backed
CloudStack 4.5.2. The machines behind the VR get poor ping times and slow
transfers. I think the issue is the Intel network adapter driver...
Typically I setup Windows VM's with Windows PV as the OS type and add the
drivers in myself. That did not happen and now they have a production
environment running the generic Intel driver.

Anyone know how to get a standard instance setup /w the additional drivers
so I can switch it over to Windows PV OS type? I think using the Red Hat
VirtIO drivers will help resolve the problem.

Any suggestions for converting a Windows instance to Windows PV? If I just
switch the OS will not boot...

Any known issues with the VPC VR and general slowness? I see between 50M ~
100M max throughput and really wild latency between 10ms -> 200ms across
the 1000mbits data center LAN. Would the default Intel driver explain some
of these troubles?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide,

Dustin