cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: updating network throttling rate
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:05:52 GMT
If you're using KVM, this is defined in the libvirt xml payload. You'll need to completely
stop and start the VMs in order for the VM definition to be rebuilt.

- Si

________________________________
From: Yiping Zhang <yzhang@marketo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:23 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: updating network throttling rate

Hi,

I have updated global settings for network.throttling.rate and vm.network.throttling.rate
from 200 to 500 Mbps, and restarted mgmt. service.  Now I restarted two of my test VM instances,
but using iperf3 I still see these two test VM instances got 200 Mbps network bandwidth.
What else do I need to do to increase their network bandwidth?

I know I could create a new ServiceOffering with higher network rate and apply it to my instances.
But I just want all my instance to use updated network rate without creating duplicate ServiceOfferings
for all my existing SO's.

Thanks

Yiping