cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Separate Management and Primary Storage
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 19:48:40 GMT
Nassar,

What type of primary storage are you using?

- Si

________________________________
From: Nassir Jamal <nassir.jamal@avalontech.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:41 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Separate Management and Primary Storage

Hello,

Can somebody please provide the steps to separate Management traffic from Primary Storage
with KVM?

I've deployed a storage label but that's only for secondary storage. So how do I do that with
Primary storage? Can I add it back to an existing Advanced zone? Or Do I need to deploy a
new one?

Cloudstack docs say it's basically another management interface on a whole other subnet. But
how do you add that and define another management on KVM? No option in the zone to add another
mgmt. interface. We are currently on version 4.8.

Thank You