cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Slow Networking
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:04:01 GMT
Dustin,

So just to clarify here, if you install the virtIO drivers while in non PV mode and then switching
the template to Windows PV doesn't fix the problem?

- Si

________________________________
From: Dustin Wright <dwright@untangledtechnology.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 9:44 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Slow Networking

Users,

I am facing a problem with one client running a VPC on my HVM-backed
CloudStack 4.5.2. The machines behind the VR get poor ping times and slow
transfers. I think the issue is the Intel network adapter driver...
Typically I setup Windows VM's with Windows PV as the OS type and add the
drivers in myself. That did not happen and now they have a production
environment running the generic Intel driver.

Anyone know how to get a standard instance setup /w the additional drivers
so I can switch it over to Windows PV OS type? I think using the Red Hat
VirtIO drivers will help resolve the problem.

Any suggestions for converting a Windows instance to Windows PV? If I just
switch the OS will not boot...

Any known issues with the VPC VR and general slowness? I see between 50M ~
100M max throughput and really wild latency between 10ms -> 200ms across
the 1000mbits data center LAN. Would the default Intel driver explain some
of these troubles?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide,

Dustin