cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>
Subject Link Domain to LDAP
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 00:52:46 GMT
Hello,

I have an ACS 4.9 instance that runs well with no issues. I have enabled LDAP authentication
at the Global Level and this works without issue. The question I have is the "Link Domain
to LDAP" function at the domain level. I have a domain that I want to auto sync. I added this
sub domain ( lets call it ROOT/LDAPTest ) that I configured with the DN of the group I am
wanting to populate from (I also attempted this with the OU setting as well) and the user
that was created cannot authenticate nor are any of the test accounts in Active Directory
being created in ACS.

I have LDAP configured globally and I also, as a test made the user part of the group I indicated
for "LDAP Accounts" and the user shows up, but the "Link Domain to LDAP" does not seem to
work. I tried looking in the logs and did not see any error or attempts to query Active Directory.

Is this a broken function? Can you have both globally set LDAP settings and "Link Domain to
LDAP" settings?

Regards,
Marty Godsey