cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From vivek.ku...@indiqus.com
Subject Lost vhd file in cloudstack
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 09:19:43 GMT

Hello Guys,

I have a setup of acs 4.5.2 with 4 xenserver's 6.5,  one day while migrating  root disk
of a vm  to another storage pool its gives me error.

I tried to start my vm but it couldn't start and said unable to start due to insufficient
capacity so I checked the logs and try to migrates again and this time it gave me error that
unable to reach storage pool and the  uuid that u supplied is invalid. So I check the vhd
file location from the db and searched it on my primary storage and found nothing that time.

Then I logged in to my xen server and checked the location of that vhd  it gave me 3 uuid
of that vms so I checked that these 3 vhd was there in my primary storage, and here comes
the main point that these 3 vhd were very small in size however my original vhd would be around
100GB,  and then I did manually entry of that vhd path in my database but successfully to
start the vm but with no data.

So where do I find the the old vhd file name..

So anyone have any idea that we can find the old vhd name.

Regards

Vivek Kumar