cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@secretresearchfacility.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack management server changing msid
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 07:51:54 GMT
Hi Carlos,

we encountered the same issue after introducing nic-bonding on the
management net which changed the MAC.

The msid includes the MAC of the interface which has the service_ip
bound to. If that MAC changes, your management node encounters an
identity crisis ;)

We solved that, by updating the msid field in the cloud.mshost table.

The msid is the decimal representation of the MAC. So, in our case
57177340185274 (dec) = 3400a30d0aba (hex) (34:00:a3:0d:0a:ba)

This currently shows:

mysql> select * from mshost where id=1 \G
          id: 1
        msid: 57177340185274 <-------------------
       runid: 1474366224657
        name: acs-management-1
       state: Up
     version: 4.9.0
  service_ip: 10.97.13.1
service_port: 9090
 last_update: 2016-10-07 07:43:59
     removed: NULL
 alert_count: 0
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

# ip addr show dev bond0
4: bond0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,MASTER,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc
noqueue state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 34:00:a3:0d:0a:ba brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 10.97.13.1/22 brd 10.97.15.255 scope global bond0
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

Another way to solve this issue could be changing the MAC of the
management interface to a known (and fixed) value. E.g. by using
ethtool.

If you know the removed hardware is no longer used in the same network
segment, and you do know the previos MAC, you could change your network
configuration by setting the MAC on the new hardware to the previously
one.

To be safe from further changes, we did this additionally by using the
hwaddress keyword in /etc/network/interfaces. This is the debian/ubuntu
way.

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet static
	address 10.97.13.1